This January, Fifth Avenue’s Anti-Racism Response Team (ARRT) will continue the conversation around racial justice in our community.
These 2022 events will build off the deep and meaningful gatherings in 2021 that included a 4-session curriculum around race and storytelling titled Fifth Avenue’s Courageous Conversations.
For 2022, ARRT will dig deeper into our collective stories around race and equity. You can join the discussion in these four ways:
- Learn. Attend the Fifth Avenue’s Anti-Racism Response Team (ARRT) & Adult Education workshop, Working for Justice: Conversation around Race & Equity in Church Community. Hear from church leaders across the country about how they are working toward justice in their own communities. You can also dream with us about how this may look at our church. Covid protocols and proof of vaccination are required. January 16 at 9:30 am in the Corning Logan Room.
- Video. Watch Season 2 of Fifth Avenue Courageous Conversations which will be released on our YouTube Channel starting this January. This series features members of our congregation as they wrestle with Fifth Avenue’s Presbyterian Church’s history around slavery. In episode 2, Fifth Avenue Elder Nancy Moore speaks about radical love and how that includes advocating for peace, truth, justice, and equality for all our siblings in Christ. Reflect on these videos on your own or in a community group.
- Artwork. Interact with our virtual and in-person timeline gallery that reflects major events across the country around race and compares them with what Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church was doing during that time.
- Podcast. Listen to February’s Adult Education Crossroads Podcast as some of Fifth Avenue’s youth discuss the history of the PC(USA) and its engagement with racial justice with Fifth Avenue Pastor Emeritus, the Rev. Dr. Oscar McCloud.
The Fifth Avenue Anti-Racist Response Team (ARRT)
- Eric Daniels, Trustee
- Jane Hong, Elder
- Salome Noufele, Elder
- Janeca Parker-Tongue, Elder
- Jama Toung, Elder
- The Rev. Werner Ramirez