In addition to our Sanctuary and Kirkland Chapel, Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church has event and meeting spaces throughout the church house that can accommodate groups as large as 200 people.
We also have a catering company on site, Roxo Events, Inc., to provide meals and refreshments while you are here.
We require a signed rental agreement, a non-refundable 25% deposit of the rental fee and a certificate of insurance demonstrating liability coverage for all rentals.
Please contact Jacklyn Smith (212.247.0490, ext. 3018, email@example.com) to inquire about a specific room, request a quote or make your reservation.
The glorious Sanctuary of Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church was completed in 1875 when the congregation moved to this location at Fifth Avenue and 55th Street.
Much of the original woodwork and stained glass is still in place, although renovations have provided modern heating and air conditioning, lighting and sound. This venue—which seats 1,800 on cushioned pews on the main floor and surrounding balcony—is an impressive space for lectures, musical performances, formal ceremonies and, of course, weddings. Our massive Austin organ and the recently acquired Steinway grand piano are unique features of this extraordinary space.
The Sanctuary (91 ft. x 84 ft.) includes an entry hall (the Narthex) just inside the Fifth Avenue entrance and provides access to the adjacent church house, where additional rental space is available.
The beautiful, Gothic-style Kirkland Chapel, reminiscent of an English country church, is also an ideal venue for music and the arts, education and other events.
The Chapel was built in 1925 with funds from a leading New York philanthropist, Edward Stephen Harkness. The designer was James Gamble Rogers, the Harkness family architect, who trained at the École des Beaux-Arts in Paris. He was best known as the architect for two Yale University buildings in New Haven, Connecticut—the memorial Quadrangle and Harkness Tower. The Chapel is named for the Rev. Dr. Bryant M. Kirkland, senior pastor of Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church from 1962 to 1987.
With its warm, intimate ambience and fine acoustics, the Chapel is a superb setting for weddings as well as small ensembles and chamber music. (The FAPC Chamber Choir and Children’s Choir regularly perform here.) In addition to a fine grand piano, the Chapel houses to a small pipe organ, built in 1970 by Austin Organs, Inc. of Hartford, Connecticut.
Located on the ground level of the church house, the Chapel is accessible from the West 55th Street entrance and includes a bride’s room at the back (which may also serve as a green room). The Chapel (53 ft. x 27 ft.) seats up to 250 persons in cushioned pews on the main floor and in the rear and side balconies.
Fifth Floor Rooms
There are three meeting rooms available on the fifth floor of the church house that can accommodate groups of 12 to 70 people. All rooms have elevator access, wireless connectivity, and restrooms on the floor.
Located just off the elevator, this gracious meeting room (16 ft. x 20 ft.) includes a permanent, solid-wood conference table and seating for up to 12 people.
Located next door to the Romeyn Room, the Boardroom (15 ft. x 32 ft.) can accommodate an audience of 40, or 28 at round tables. A pulldown screen is available for audiovisual presentations.
Corning Logan Room
Down the hall from the Boardroom, the Corning Logan Room (19 ft. x 45 ft.) can accommodate up to 70 people audience-style, or 50 at round tables. The room includes a piano and a pulldown screen for audiovisual presentations.