Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church has reopened the doors at Fifth & 55th to gather for in-person meetings. We will make our way toward “normal operations” and in-person worship in a series of three steps.
Phase 3b: November 21, 2021
Phase 3b builds on Phase 3a with the following updates:
• Masks remain required for all worship services (11 am Sunday worship, memorials and weddings.)
• The Children’s Choir is now permitted to sing in worship with masks on. (Parental permission slips required.)
• Officer Board meetings, Committee meetings and Officer gatherings can be in-person or on zoom at the discretion of the Board Chair.
At this time, leaders may permit masks to be removed at the following in-person, indoor events if 1) all participants (age 12 and older) present proof of fully-vaccinated status, and 2) all participants agree to a temperature check to determine whether they are at or above the 100.4-degree fever mark.
• Adult Education Events with food and drink.
• Sunday Morning Coffee Hour in Bonnell Hall (beginning in December) when The Weber Terrace is not an option.
• Board meetings, committee meetings and officer gatherings.
• Starting January 2022, Women’s Association Lunches (twice-monthly).
• The Kenneth O. Jones Distinguished Service Awards, February 25, 2022.
• The Fifth Avenue Chili Cookoff, Sunday February 13, 2022.
Masks remain required for the Exercise Class (now in the LaDane Williamson Christian Education Center)
Updates for 2022:
• In-person Communion will return on the first Sunday of the month starting 2/6/21.
• A proposal is being considered for the return of the Community Choir.
• A proposal is being considered for the rolling return of AA groups.
August Update: PHASE THREE, September
The full opening of the Fifth Avenue Church building and in-person worship.
The Reopen Task Force remains committed to reopening the Sanctuary for in-person worship on Homecoming Sunday, September 12th. The Property Committee reports that the structural repairs of the Sanctuary remain on track to open on Homecoming Sunday.
The Fifth Avenue Reopen Task Force is currently working on protocols for the return to live, in-person worship. These protocols will be informed by the most up-to-date government guidance and ongoing developments in the pandemic. These protocols will be announced on September 7. Worship will also be available via livestream.
On May 18, 2021, the Session and Trustees approved a reopening plan in three phases:
- PHASE ONE
The ground floor and CEC of Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church will open for midweek meetings on June 1.
- PHASE TWO
The Weber Terrace (and additional interior spaces) at Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church will open for gatherings and meetings on July 6. The chapel will be available for midweek worship services, memorial services and weddings.
- PHASE THREE
The full opening of the Fifth Avenue Presbyterian Church building and resumption of in-person, Sunday morning worship will be on Homecoming Sunday—September 12, 2021. Details on Phase Three will be shared in September to capture the latest health protocols and NY State guidelines.